Friday, April 20, 2007

"Mommy, you broke my heart!"

That's what Ariane has been yelling out her bedroom door for the last few minutes. And the reason she's so upset is because she is grounded to her bedroom all weekend long. No TV, no books, no friends, no pillows or blankets during the day, nothing! She has to sit on her bed and think about why she's in there. I am tired of fighting her to take her medicine. She has wasted 4 pills just this week! I sent her to school without being medicated. I also sent a note to the teacher stating that if she had any problems with her, to call my cell phone right away and I would come deal with her. I am at my wits end with this child. I no longer know if I can handle her moodiness and petulance without cracking. Please someone tell me that it is going to get better! I need some reassurance that I'm not losing my mind!

3 comments:

Special K ~Toni said...

Beat her. Seriously.

Tell her, you have 2 choices-

1. take the pill while I watch, or

2. I will spank you, then you will take the pill.

follow up. Only took David once of me using this to get him to do his chores.

Special K ~Toni said...

Oh- 'You broke my heart?'

Tell her you will break her butt, which already has a crack in it! hahahah

Actually, let her know that is EXACTLY what she is doing to you! This is a non issue- she is gonna do it- either nicely, or not.

I am FULL of advice today, aren't I??

Hope it gets better!

Jen said...

Thanks, Toni! Now that I know I'm perfectly sane...lol...need I say more?