Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Udate on surgery...

I know that it has been about a week since I had my surgery. I should have updated before now, but it's hard when your face hurts.

Okay, so I went in and the first thing the doc says to me is that we needed to talk about his since I'm only 30 and already in there with skin cancer. I'm like whatever dude, since I HATE going outside in the sun since all I do is burn and get hot and yucky feeling all over! They numbed up my face and got the cancer in one layer! That's right folks, they only had to cut on my face one time! YAY! What bothered me the most was the cauterizing they did to stop the bleeding. I'm one of those people that can't even brown hamburger without adding the seasonings to it since the smell makes me ill. Imagine smelling burnt flesh while they work on your face! I nearly lost it (my cookies, that is)! So while they burned, I held my breath! I go in tomorrow to have the stiches out. I know, sounds like fun, right? I hope they numb it then too, since it's still really tender.

Now I go back to the dermatologist on the 19th of June so she can do a whole body check.

PS~(this has nothing to do with me, but read it anyway!)

Keep my sister in your prayers, as she is going through a hard time right now and needs all the help she can get!

1 comment:

Special K ~Toni said...

Glad that is over with! Total mole patrol next month, you really know how to have fun!

When you get a chance check out my other blog! Air Force Wife