Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Oops, they did it again....

And I'm not talking about anything to do with the Britney.

That group of kids, that keeps hanging on the one corner in my neighborhood, threw a rock or something at another lady's van. I happened to come upon her looking at the side of her van after I slowed down and told them to disperse or I was calling the cops. I did call the cops and had her report the incident. I feel that if we get enough people to do this, maybe they will increase their patrols during that time of day or even put a cruiser there to dissuade any type of loitering. Yes, loitering is the proper word for what these kids are doing. There is no reason for 15-20 kids to hang out on one corner together. I don't care if they just got off the bus. They need to go home, do their homework, and then maybe get part-time jobs to be more productive! I'm so tired of these kids thinking that they have the right to be disrespectful and malevolent. Some of the things they are doing borders on gang activity. I do know that I am going to the next crime watch meeting and I'm going to ask why they don't have a patrol during that time of day. I'm also going to ask that something be done about these kids. I mean since they all scatter when they see a cruiser, why not send an unmarked car to look around? At least then, there would be an officer/deputy that can confirm what's being reported.

Okay, rant over...will update after the meeting...whenever that is!

No comments: