Monday, September 10, 2007

But, Mommy, it HURTS!

Okay...not this mommy, but my mommy. Today was not a good day. I went to the dentist and as much as we both wanted to save my tooth, we were unable. The decay was too deep and even though it was not bothering me, we decided that (since finances won't permt a root canal) to pull the tooth before it became a larger problem. Okay, let me back up a little bit and explain to you WHY I went to the dentist. We (by we, I mean my family and I) were walking around Costco (MY favorite store in the whole wide world) and all of a sudden I feel like something is stuck in my teeth. I thought it was something stuck in between my teeth, but I went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror and saw that a hunk of tooth was missing. Yep...the tooth just started falling apart. Back to now...the ENTIRE right side of my face is numb (it has been 4 or 5 hours) from this morning. The doc (he's a cutie!) gave a script for Darvocet (YAY!). I promptly got it filled and took 2. I just took 2 more. Hopefully tomorrow I will ba able to resume my eating activities. (OH, did I forget to mention that I am on a SOFT diet today?) I can' t even drink out of a straw...do you know how difficult it is to do ANY eating or drinking when half of your mouth is numb???

Okay...I know that I'm a baby, but hey.............I'll just let you figure that one out!

No comments: