Wednesday, June 06, 2007

On the verge...

Of a mental breakdown. Yep, that's right folks! I am about to completely lose it!


I bet you're asking, "Why?"


You wanna know?


You really wanna know?


M.O.N.E.Y.


That's it. Plain and simple.


Oh, you want details...here goes then.


On Monday morning, after Ariane left for school, I get a knock on the door. It is an officer from the Sheriff's Dept. They ask for Joe. Of course he's not here, he leaves for work at 5:45 in the AM! So they ask me if I can take the papers. Sure, "What's my relationship to Joseph?" "I'm his wife." "Okay, here you go. " "What's your name?" I gave the officer my name and he handed me a packet of papers. Well, guess what folks, my hubby is being sued in civil court for a credit card debt. That's right. This company refused to work with us and harassed and harangued us for a year. Now they are suing Joe because he didn't pay this debt. I don't know what to do about this, but I do know that if I continue to think about it I will get physically ill!


But, wait, folks. That's not all.


Joe got an e-mail from work yesterday. Yes, I know he gets them everyday, but this one yesterday is extremely important. He gets an e-mail stating what his "new" salary is. Guess what, he was hourly until Monday. Now, he has a base salary of $26,000.00 a year. That's right folks. Sounds like a decent number, right? Guess what, it's a pay CUT for us. Not only did they cut him with the base salary, they cut his commission rate as well. It really, really stinks! We made over $40,000.00 last year. With this new pay, we won't even hit $40,000.00. The kicker is that he refuses to let them know that this is a cut. He refuses to try to get them to increase his base, so we don't lose $4000-$5000 dollars this year. He refuses to let them know that I will have to return my car to the finance company because we're losing the entire car payment every month.


There you have it folks. That's been my week and it's only Wednesday. Let's see if I make it to Friday before I completely lose it!


I can already feel the anxiety closing in.

1 comment:

Becky said...

:hugs: It'll work out I promise.